Although I include one complimentary Cristy Cali purple polishing cloth on every order $100+ one of the most common questions I am asked is how to clean & care for fine jewelry. This is a very quick and easy way to remove tarnishing.
However, if you are looking for a deeper clean, and even disinfectant, this is how I advise you clean your jewelry safely, without any harmful chemicals that could potentially cause more harm and damage to you and your jewelry. This method is safe on gemstones* and will not remove any oxidation (dark accents) that is part of your jewelry's design.
Here, I also show you a customer's 3-year old hand-painted enamel Street Tile Charms through this process to show you the before & after!
*According to The Gemological Institute of America, the only way to safely clean opals is with warm, soapy water. Please be mindful and consider using natural soaps.
Products You'll Need
- Thieves Household Cleaner by Young Living (I offer 30 ml sample packets for $3.50)
- Organic Baking Soda (optional for additional shine)
- Clean toothbrush or dish sponge
- Pour a bottle-cap size amount into a small bowl
- Add 1 cup of warm water
- Place your jewelry in the bowl and soak for 20 minutes
- Rinse in warm water
- (Optional) Mix 3 1/2 tbs of organic baking soda with 2 tbs of warm water to create a thick paste
- Dip a toothbrush or clean dish sponge into the paste and rub onto the jewelry
- Scrub diligently for several minutes.
In the example of this customer's yellowing Street Tile Charms with 3 layers of dirt, I scrubbed each letter for at least 15 minutes. And it paid off!
- Rise with warm water and dry thoroughly
Leave A Comment 👇
Feel free to ask questions to leave a comment below! We'd love to hear or see how well this non-toxic method worked for you!