Magnolia Pendant Small
- Dimensions of magnolia pendant 1.15 in wide x 0.75 in tall
- Brooch option includes a pin on the back in addition to a bail for a chain
- Solid 925 Sterling Silver
Important note for pendant purchases: Chains are optional, and not included in the pendant purchase price. If you'd like to add the recommended chain, as shown on the picture with the pendant, please select the length you'd like from the drop down menu. If you'd like to add a different kind of chain, please visit the chains category.
The Magnolia was one of my first original designs upon launching my own line of jewelry back in 2012. I drew the sketch during my down time before I ever even thought of starting my own business. Therefore, this design was made purely from my love of drawing inspired by the joyful memories I have climbing magnolia trees in my school's yard.
Magnolia's are certainly emit a "yin" feminine energy. The color white has usually always represented purity, peace, grace and nobility. This is why I use white colored pearls with the magnolia in my necklaces, to enhance the spirit of the white symbolism.
Interesting Facts by Flower Meaning
Once upon a time, there was a French botanist by the name of Pierre Magnol (1638 – 1715). He helped scientists determine that plants came in families and not just species. Guess who magnolias are named after?
The Chinese began naming magnolias long before the 1600s. What taxonomists and botanists call Magnolia officialis since the 1600s, the Chinese have been calling hou po.
- In Victorian times, sending flowers was a discreet way of lovers sending messages to each other. Magnolias symbolized dignity and nobility.
- In ancient China, magnolias were thought to be the perfect symbols of womanly beauty and gentleness.
- In the American South, white magnolias are commonly seen in bridal bouquets because the flowers are thought to reflect and emphasize the bride’s purity and nobility.
- Magnolias grow on trees, not vines, bushes or on stalks. These trees can live for a full century.
- Magnolias cannot pollinate without the help of beetles. Their bright and sweet-smelling flowers help attract these beetles.
- Southern magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora) became the state flower of Mississippi in 1952.
- The fragrant magnolia, also called Siebold’s magnolia (Magnolia sieboldii) is North Korea’s national flower.
Magnolia is traditionally thought to help with:
- Lung problems
- Congestion in the chest
- Runny nose
- Menstrual cramps
- Relaxing muscles
- Digestive upsets like gas and constipation
In Russia, herbalists often prepare magnolia tree bark by soaking it in vodka. No wonder the patients often feel better.
Resourced from Flower Meaning