Please Return to New Orleans Oval Necklace - Large
- Links are 1/8 x 1/4" long, oval tag measures 1 3/8" x 1", approximately 3 mm dome height
- Includes Cristy's signature royal toggle clasp or heart lobster clasp. Lobster clasp includes a 2 inch extension for adjustment.
- Front engraving: "Please Return to New Orleans" with 504 centered at bottom.
- Back engraving: "Let The Good Times Roll"
- Solid 925 Sterling Silver
Too often, I heard stories of New Orleanians displaced, living elsewhere because they could not return. Other times, tourists would say they just want to take a piece of New Orleans home for them to remember their trip. We had so many volunteers and construction workers eager to shop local and stimulate the local economy. And of course, you had locals who were filled with pride and faith that we would make New Orleans stronger, together.
As a locally affected artist , I designed my first "Please Return to New Orleans" piece right after Katrina as a cry to anyone and everyone who found real meaning in that sentence. I was addressing the displaced locals who were homesick or missing New Orleans, while at the same time addressing the wave of visitors who came to visit our broken city and help us rebuild any way they could - even if it was just shopping at a local mom & pop shop, such as the one I was representing.
Read the full story in my blog.